Thursday, February 10, 2011

Winter news not the blues...

As seen in Phoenix Home and Garden magazine, June 2010
Photo by Laura Moss, LauraMoss.com

I got a call from a student and a friend of mine to tell me she had seen my paintings in the June 2010 issue of Phoenix Home and Garden that she bought at the library. I said I didn't think so, but she said yes  they even spelled my name correctly.  I asked what was the title and she said, " The Lucidity of Open Space" and I said "Wow those are my paintings!"  I went through a phase of naming paintings from with phases I culled from Gabriel Garcia Marquez' "One Hundred Years of Solitude".  The prose in the book was so visual and rich, I loved it.  The only problem was I could never remember what title went with which painting, I had to become a little more descriptive with my titles.  Oh well---it seemed like a good idea at the time.

The text in the magazine wrote, “The cheery paintings by Linne Thomas are part of a triptych titled An Open Space of Lucidity. The homeowners spotted them in a display at Phoenix Sky harbor International Airport and tracked down the artist at a Scottsdale gallery.”

So of course, I am pretty stoked (my 1970's roots) and am sharing it with as many people as I can contact. I probably am ready to let it fade a bit now?

Also new are some new Fine Arts Prints I just had done by the wonderful Alan Lade of Lade Back Photography and Fine Art of a commission painting I just completed called "Tis the Season".  It's a painting of the Yavapai County Courthouse at Christmas.  Prescott is Arizona's official "Christmas City". I am going to be able to get it printed on canvas and fine art paper with archival acid free 


 inks and UV protection and it will be on my website www.LinneThomasArt.com very soon.  Alan did an amazing job capturing the image, I am glad to have found him. 

Linne February 10, 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment